Friday, October 9, 2009

Fashion Influences

Since I am actually making a bit of money now with my designs in Second Life, I feel its part of my "job" to stay abreast of the trends. I am not quite in the head space to get into fall clothing trends the previous spring...but I'll have to work on that. I have just been looking at the fall shows of various designers that actually took place last spring! I'm inspired by many, disappointed by some, and puzzled by others...I love the concept of clothing as art but personally I want to design wearable pieces that someone would want to have. So far this season the Fall 2009 Collection of Louis Vuitton has caught my eye and made me drool! I love the textures, colors and playfulness of this collection! I am going to try to let it inspired me and not just copy it. But its a lot of fun to try to recreate RL fashion in SL, the exact translation isn't always possible given the limitations of the avatar mesh and prim attachements. There for I don't always feel bad for trying to reproduce something I've seen...like I did with a dress by Zac Posen last year.
Here are some of LV's looks that I like...






I have also found that I may really like something a designer is doing in one season and not in another. Alice Temperley of London is one such.
Other faves of mine include Stella McCartney, Zac Posen, Ralph Lauren....and I will have to continue this post later as its almost 4am and I need to sleep!!

No comments: